Norbain Virtual Event – Security at your Fingertips!
Already registered? Click here to visit the event!
Norbain is pleased to launch its first Virtual Event, showcasing the latest developments from its key suppliers. Just in the same way you can attend physical events such as roadshows and exhibitions, the Norbain Virtual Event allows you to visit stands, ask questions, watch demonstrations and take away key materials. The difference is, of course, you can visit the Virtual Event at any time, from anywhere.
We will be using the virtual platform to run live events across the year, including webinars and presentations as well as launching exciting products from our participating suppliers. When live events aren’t taking place, you can still visit the stands, download resources and watch videos and presentations.
It’s a great resource area that will be continually updated to reflect the changes in the industry.
Just like a physical exhibition, Norbain’s Virtual Event is split up into useful areas, where you can find a range of resources with ease:
- Find out more about our suppliers and what they can offer
- Watch videos
- Leave questions or chat live to suppliers
- View social media channels
- Use your event bag to download and save interesting resources
- Jump to their products on Norbain e-source to find out more or buy
- Network with suppliers and other visitors attending the Virtual Event
- Ask questions or provide answers
- Answer polls to help voice your views on given subjects
Watch presentations about from industry experts whenever suits you:
- The link between cyber security and GDPR
- Design and its impact on security systems when complying with GDPR
- An introduction to cyber security training with Norbain Academy
- Practical examples of current cyber threats and how we can protect ourselves
- An overview of GDPR with practical advice on what businesses need to do
View presentations on demand!
Buzz Coates, IP Project Manager, Norbain
The relationship between cyber security and GDPR
An expert in all things IP, Buzz is a member and advisor to the Strand Committee for the Surveillance Camera Commissioner (SCC) where he represents manufacturers in the industry. His work places him at the cutting edge of the changes and standards being created and updated.
Nick Platt-Higgins, Key Account Manager Axis Communications
Privacy by Design and its impact on security systems when complying with GDPR
Privacy by design is an approach to projects that promotes privacy and data protection compliance from the start. Nick discusses the importance of addressing cyber security during the design and manufacturing phase, and outlines what AXIS Communications are doing to ensure their systems are protected.
Robert McDonald, Training Manager, Norbain
An introduction to cyber security training with Norbain Academy
Robert designs and runs a range of courses at Norbain, including networking, access control and intruder detection. This module on cyber security covers the most common issues to be aware of, and how to protect systems against them.
Mike Gillespie, Vice President, C3i Centre for Strategic Cyberspace + Security Science
Practical examples of current cyber threats and how we can all work together to protect ourselves
Mike is an experienced, senior information security practitioner of many years’ standing. He holds multiple titles in the cyber space and serves as the cyber security lead for the surveillance cameras guide from the UK Government’s Surveillance Camera Commissioner.
As a subject matter expert, Mike is called upon regularly to speak at events and contribute editorial, including for the BBC and The Sunday Times as well as regular industry media.
An entertaining and knowledgeable speaker, Mike will be discussing the most common attacks that are currently hitting our networks and the implications of not working together to protect ourselves and strengthen our systems.
Ian West, Director of Digital Information, Project One
An overview of GDPR with some practical advice on what you need to be aware of
Project One partners with some of the world’s largest organisations to deliver business critical change and transformation programmes. Ian will be discussing the practicalities of the changing laws around GDPR and what you need to know as a business.
CYBER SECURITY & GDPR ZONE
- Explore our specially-produced range of videos on cyber security and what steps we all need to take to protect ourselves, our data and our reputations
- Download key resources
- Visit relevant industry web sites to find out more
Simply CLICK HERE, fill in your details. You’ll then receive an email confirming your registration and directing you to the live site.